Monday, August 29, 2011

Screenprint and Meatballs



Judith Johnson (wearing a matching shirt) watches the process.



Screenprint Society regular Elliott Negin (aka Groover Cleveland) pulled the last plate on One Meatball on August 18th. The normally wry jokester was all about the business of finishing his ambitious large print. Stay tuned for upcoming shows to view it up close. Congratulations, Elliott!






One Meatball, Two Meatballs


Elliott on Groover: "Groover is the love child of Robert Indiana and Judy Chicago. They inspired me to adopt my nom de guerre. Like them, I’m from the Midwest and I took the name of my birthplace. And like them, a lot of my work has a political edge. I call it “Agitpop.” Groover is obviously a play on Grover Cleveland, who, as it turns out, was distantly related to Moses Cleaveland, the founder of Cleveland, Ohio."

Elliott Negin at Screenprint Society

No comments:

Post a Comment